Friday, April 18, 2014

fun finds!

Last weekend Matt and I went on a day trip that started with the Vintage and ReVamped Market out at the Cloverdale Agriplex.  We wandered for two hours and saw lots of great vendors from furniture re-finishers (there were lots!) and antique dealers, to leather crafters.  There were a lot of talented people with lots of great stuff to browse (I didn't buy...I was saving myself for some thrifted finds!).  Matt was a trooper coming with me to the crowded and slightly overwhelming event - you could get a little dizzy with all there was to see!  At least he got a free cupcake - his favorite part of the morning no doubt.  Matt and I are thinking of doing a market in the fall after the wedding craziness is over, so he actually did want to check things out with me.

Next we were headed for the border...until we passed a garage sale.  This is where the magic happened for the day ;)  We had a fun time rummaging through this interesting old fellow's yard and garage which housed his treasures (and some just plain ol' junk...it's no fun unless you have to dig through that though right?!).  We did some bargaining and had some interesting conversation.  Here's what we walked away with...

Antique rusty 'garden bed'...



Vintage bench made by the seller...



Handmade side table...




Antique doorknob...



And lastly little antique faucet handle that he threw in for free.  I think I'll use it as a necklace pendant...


After lucking out on these goodies I decided to bypass my usual V.V. hunt in Bellingham - it took some willpower!  Instead we picked up some parcels - one of which is going to become my new business cards!  More on that and some other exciting news in a future post.  Lastly we visited R.E.I. where we bought me some children's hiking boots haha - if the shoe fits, why not buy it for half the price of the adult version right?!


xo Tanya
  

No comments:

Post a Comment