Friday, April 11, 2014

fun finds!

First I thought I'd share one of my favorite rescues from Matt's co-worker's dad when he moved into a retirement home (from now on let's refer to this generous fellow as Mr. H - you'll be seeing a lot of things I received from him in the future!).  It made an appearance HERE.  It's a nice small size and has just the right amount of rust and scratches (you get the appeal right?  it's not just me?!)...




I love the sticker with the 10 on it and the little pop up shelf inside.  I gave it a good scrub-down so it's good to go.  I'm not sure what I'm going to store in it yet or where I'd like to display it but I know it will come in handy at some point!

Finds from last weekend:

Smallish sized milk glass urn...



Large mixing bowl.  I'm accumulating these to use as serving bowls at our wedding...



Cute summer top...



A second possible beach-casual wedding dress.  I would add some panels to the bottom to make it floor length (and iron it!)...



Lastly, a lambswool poncho (the colours look much softer in person).  This'll be great for wearing on top of batwing sweaters which get bunched up in the armpits when you try to wear a normal coat!


We're heading to the states on a day trip Saturday so we'll see if I come home with some new furniture to paint this time!  That's usually the initial goal when hitting up thrift shops - oops!

xo Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment