Sunday, April 6, 2014

fun finds!

Last weekend Matt and I helped a friend of his move a sofa into his father's place (well, I watched, Matt helped!) and we took his old sofa to V.V.  You know what that meant of course?!...I got to do a little thrifting!  I happened to score on - you guessed it - milk glass! I also found a long white summer dress to potentially wear for our casual outdoor wedding in June.  Here are the fun finds I picked up:

Medium sized patterned milk glass bowl...



Large milk glass mixing bowl...



Set of four milk glass tea cups...



Long, white summer dress...



Matt's friend who we helped has been downsizing as he prepares to move into a condo from a house.  He has a lot of old 'junk' from his father, who we had inherited a ton of 'rusty gold' from when he moved into a care home last year.  We were lucky enough to once again sort through the goodies and put dibs on what we liked.  Here are some of the fun finds we were given (in another post I'll share a bunch of other treasures we've received from his father).

Tiny collectable 'tea cards' that came with Red Rose tea/coffee from 1959-1975...


 

There were 17 annual series produced 10 of which are below eg:  Birds of North America, Dinosaurs, The Space Age.  Very fun!



The cards were stored in this interesting 'Sacred Heart Dime-A-Week' club box...



Old calipers...



An old clock to add to my collection...



Pretty tins for storage of...?



Very amusing 1950s bumper stickers!...



And last but not least, a stack of 1950's postcards some of which are below...




I hope you enjoyed this little trip back in time ;)

xo Tanya

1 comment: